Sunday, May 26, 2013

The last of the blossoms



I drew this in Victoria park. Blossoms were falling into my water jar and chasing babies across the fields. Work on Victoria park commenced sometime in the 1840s and took several decades to complete, perhaps because it was in a part of town that the Queen rarely visited. It sits on the north side of the Regents Canal and is probably one of the nicest places to live in London; to live by that is.

The price of property in now far beyond the reach of those for whom the park was originally built, but that's the way love goes. If I am in no rush I commute along the canal to get to my studio in Bow. The canal is built up slightly above the park and affords a vantage point of, say, a twelve foot tall person. It's very pleasant.

1 comment:

  1. Drawing is an illustration of the soul. The better you draw, the stronger your soul gets.

    ― PS

    ReplyDelete